The Canasta Bag is a combination of old and new. Each vintage huipile - traditional Maya blouse - used to make these stylish modern bags is unique. Deep enough to hold papers or a laptop. Fully lined with magnetic closing and an inside pocket. Available in 2 sizes.
Please Read: Each Canasta Bag is unique, no two are alike! Colors, weavings and patterns of the huipiles vary. The color code applies to the color of the background. The pictures shown are for example purposes only.
- Med (10.5x10.5 in.) or Lg (17.5x17.5)
- 100% hand loomed, mercerized cotton - will not fade with washing
- Handles and back heavy and loomed material matched to huipile (patterned front)
- Magnetic closure
- Interior pocket
- Fully lined interior
- Hand washable, color fast dye
- Handmade for Fair Tradeâ„¢
Hand crafted by Guatemalan artisans in Chichicastenango to support widows and children from the civil war epoch.
Please specify size and color when ordering.